This course is aimed at those involved with erecting and using portable ladders and steps, access towers,
chimney access staging, and fall arrest equipment when providing access to their work activities. The course will provide skills and knowledge needed to achieve the standards
of competence to carry out the duties of erecting, dismantling, inspecting, using, maintaining, transporting and storing the equipment.
9.00am – 4.30pm
No experience necessary
Rotary Power Sweeping HQ & Training Centre, Tiverton, Devon (Directions & address here)
£150 + VAT
course will cover:
• CITB Video: 'Accent on Access'
• Ladders: Analysis of accidents, Statutory Instruments, Ladders & Stepladders, Roof Work, Inspection Tags, Demonstations & Practical Training of pre-use inspection
& setting up for using a typical ladder and stepladder. Test Paper
• Access Towers: Typical Towers, Typical Span Tower Assembly, Basic Safety Notes, Maintenance & Repairs, Tower Scaffolds, Inspection & Rods, Inspection Tags, CITB
Video: 'Dead Simple - 7 Steps to Safety'. Practical session of erecting & dismantling typical towers. Test Paper
• Chimney Access Staging: C.A.R.S., Roofraker, Other Chimney Access Products, Pre-Use Inspection & Assembly, Special Applications
• Safety of Roofs: CITB Video 'Alright at Height'
• Q & A Session: Summary
Following successful completion of your course, you will receive a certificate showing that you have attended the Ability International Ladder & Roof Safety
What is provided:
• Training Manual & Course Study Notes
• Lunch & Refreshments
You will need to arrange your own accommodation (if required). A list of local accommodation is provided HERE